If I were running the NFL, I would:
1. Return the hash marks to the 1950's/1960's positions close to the sidelines. This will change multiple aspects of the game for the better such as kicking, run offense, run defense, and more.
2. Impose the strictest possible behavior and dress codes for players, coaches, agents, owners, fans, and broadcasters. "No tolerance" should be the rule.
3. Return the uniform styles to what they used to be: long pants, short socks, real sleeves, etc.
4. Eliminate two teams.
5. Hold the Super Bowl in the city of the team in the championship game having the best record.
6. Impose huge fines and team penalties for dancing, celebrating, jiving, or other demonstrations of arrogance.
7. Eliminate radio helmets on offense and defense.
8. Change the sudden death rule so that the team relinquishing the lead must kick off.
I not sure if I'm alone in this daydream and I don't know if this is just me, but the NFL as a product just doesn't capture my imagination like it used to.
Will they ever fix it?