Every team has to release a depth chart during the regular season. With the Browns 53-man roster being official, who did Mangini list on the first string at positions of interest?
I bet the people at the Plain Dealer and the rest of the local media threw a fit after seeing this depth chart. Obviously, the thing that stands out is that none of the quarterbacks are listed on the depth chart -- not even third-stringer Brett Ratliff. The Plain Dealer does point out that on their version of the depth chart, Brady Quinn and Derek Anderson are both listed on the first string with a slash (/) separating them.
Other areas of interest:
- Jerome Harrison is listed ahead of James Davis as the backup to Jamal Lewis.
- David Bowens is still ahead of Alex Hall.
- Hank Fraley is ahead of Alex Mack. I expect Mack to actually start, but maybe Mangini doesn't want his first game to be against the dominating Williams duo (who are pending suspension).
- Joshua Cribbs is listed as the starting receiver opposite Braylon Edwards.
- Robaire Smith and Kenyon Coleman are ahead of last year's starter, Corey Williams.
Feel free to discuss the depth chart here!