Over at Scout.com, they have been providing live blogs the past few days from the NFL Combine. Included in their notes are some of the players that teams have met with. You don't necessarily need to read a whole lot into this information, as some of the players have met with most of the teams in the NFL, not just the Cleveland Browns.
Here are the players that Scout.com, among other sources, have confirmed as having met with the Browns (either formally or informally), along with their projected draft round from CBS Sports:
Players Browns Have Met With at NFL Combine
- QB Dan LeFevour - Central Michigan - Round 3
- QB Tim Hiller - Western Michigan - N/A
- RB/WR Dexter McCluster - Ole Miss - Round 2
- WR Eric Decker - Minnesota - Round 4
- WR Ryan Wolfe - UNLV - N/A
- TE Anthony McCoy - USC - Round 2
- TE Ed Dickson - Oregon - Round 2/3
- C Erik Cook - New Mexico - Round 7+
- OT Adam Ulatoski - Texas - Round 5/6
- OT Ciron Black - Louisiana State - Round 4/5
- DE/OLB Sergio Kindle - Texas - Round 1/2
- DE/OLB Everson Griffen - USC - Round 1
- ILB Daryl Washington - TCU - Round 2/3
- S/LB Barry Church - Toledo - Round 6/7 (Updated 2/28)
If you have heard about any other players meeting with the Browns, post their names in the comments section and I will update the list. Here are some additional notes from Browns general manager Tom Heckert from the combine, via Scout.com:
- The team will begin tendering contracts on Wednesday or Thursday. They haven't started any negotiations for new long-term contracts with their RFA's yet.
- Regarding their regular free agents, the they haven't made any decisions regarding them yet either.
- The Browns are not opposed moving up or down in the draft and have discussed both scenarios with other teams already.
- DT Shaun Rogers will be ready to participate in minicamp.