This is the final week of Cleveland Browns practices that are open to the public, so if you haven't headed out to Berea yet, find some time to get out there! The Browns had one afternoon session today, although most of the news doesn't really cover what happened on the field during practice...
TRAINING CAMP REPORT - DAY 17 (8/16/10)
No More Brown Pants: I couldn't have been happier to hear that the Brown pants are dead, according to Eric Mangini, because they weren't very well received. I'm very happy to see them gone; the only time I'd be interested in bringing them back is if they went along with an orange top.
Hardesty Still a Week Away: It looks like running back Montario Hardesty will miss another week of action but should be back next week, according to Mangini. Running backs Peyton Hillis and James Davis left the practice field Monday, though it isn't believed either back suffered anything serious.
Injuries at the Receiver Position: The Browns had seen enough of receiver Johnathan Haggerty this year, as they placed him on the waived/injured list. If he clears waivers, he'll be on the injured reserve all season and we'll likely see him in next year's camp. Mohamed Massaquoi missed practice with his hamstring injury, but he's expected to return soon.
Offensive Line: With Floyd Womack and Tony Pashos missing practice, the first-unit saw Shawn Lauvao and John St. Clair at right guard and right tackle again. Pashos says that he is working his way back and it close to returning.
Wright Back to Practice: Cornerback Eric Wright participated in practice, seeing some reps with the first team and at the nickel back position. Rookie Joe Haden also saw reps with the first team defense.
Baxter Pays a Visit: According to the Akron Beacon Journal, former Cleveland Browns cornerback Gary Baxter paid a visit to Berea to greet some of the players, including tight ends Robert Royal and Benjamin Watson, and defensive back Mike Adams.
Mitchell Drops a Pass: I'm finding it difficult to believe that receiver Carlton Mitchell will win a spot on the 53-man roster. CBS Sports reports that he dropped a perfect pass from Brett Ratliff in 11-on-11 drills.
- Brownies: QB Colt McCoy missed practice but should play versus the St. Louis Rams this Saturday...former Browns defensive tackle Gerard Warren might be a favorite to start for the Patriots...Delhomme only played one series against Green Bay because his number of snaps (11) was close enough to his limit (15).
Monday's Link Collection / Camp Sources
- Montario Hardesty not quite ready for practice work (Plain Dealer, Cabot)
- T.J. Ward promises to be a quick learner (Plain Dealer, Grossi)
- Gary Baxter sighting at training camp (Akron Beacon Journal, Storm)
- Browns Rapid Reports (CBS Sports, Gitlin)