Welcome to Week 10 of the 2011 NFL season, and the latest edition of the Fantasy Football Feature. If you’re not yet familiar, this is a fantasy football mash-up open thread. Feel free to throw out any sit/start troubles your having, or any other fantasy football related questions, thoughts, ideas you might have or even have live trade negotiation.
Week 9 Big Surprise Performers:
Once, someone who shouldn't be surprising us, at 99% owned, did just that. Easily the most overrated WR in the league, Vincent Jackson finally did something noteworthy since Week 2. He dropped a whopping 32.10 fantasy points on the still undefeated Green Bay in a loss, in 141 yards and 3 TDs. Young up and coming rookie receiver Julio Jones (28.40) caught his first career TD then followed it up with another one, but it was against the Colts. Quietly one of the most consistent fantasy backs this season, Willis McGahee put up his best fantasy performance this season rushing for 163 and 2 TDs. Lynch, Bush, and Tolbert each dropped around 20 points. Mean while for QBs, Tim Tebow and Matt Moore where the surprises, both putting up acceptable 20+ fantasy games.
Working the Wire:
I feel like this is one of the better weeks for the Waiver Wire compared to the last several. I feel good about at least one of these WRs making an impact down the road. Keep in mind, owners vary in every league so some of these guys are going to be harder to grab than others. The UDBNFL waiver wire, for example, is still fierce. (*The ownership percentage is going up on these guys every minute, so they are not exact.)
- Laurent Robinson (Dal-WR-48.80) - Owned in 18% of Yahoo! Leagues - DEEP - I like looking for consistency, at least for as of late, when trying to decide which of these free agents to bet on. Also, with Miles Austin out with an injury, Robinson could continue to rise.
- Jacoby Ford (Oak-WR-35.00) - Owned in 22% of Yahoo! Leagues - DEEP - With the addition of Carson Palmer to the Raiders came the mysterious disappearance of Darrius Heyward-Bey. As a DHB owner, it was a head-scratcher, but in his place, Palmer is targeting Ford.
- Earl Bennett (Chi-WR-17.50) - Owned in 12% of Yahoo! Leagues - DEEP - Of the WRs available as free agents this week, Bennett is the one I have the least confidence in going forward. That said, if you've got a spare bench spot, he could be worth a wait-and-see.
- Roy Helu (Was-RB-34.90) - Owned in 35% of Yahoo! Leagues - DEEP - He's on this list mostly because of the match-up issue this week. As bad as the Miami Dolphins have been this season, they are stout against the run, so I'm not banking on Helu.
- Ben Tate (Hou-RB-74.30) - Owned in 59% of Yahoo! Leagues - MUST - This is probably the only must that will ever make this Fool's Gold list. The fact is that Houston is not going to play the Browns ever week. However, he's still 1 Foster-Hamstring away from being a great fantasy back.
Unofficial DBN Fan League Standings:
Good luck in Week 10! Don't forget to set your line ups before kick-off on Thursday!
*Scores mentioned in the article are based on the Yahoo! Sports default settings, utilized by the Unofficial DBN Fan League.