Before I can pass judgment on whether or not McCoy is the man, I have a question that I think that someone here at DBN may be able to answer for me.
What happened to the plays we were running in the preseason where, the QB would take a 2, 3 or 4 step drop and throw the ball to the receiver running up field?
1) Are these types of plays still in our game plan but being defended well?
2) Is McCoy seeing something at the line of scrimmage preventing him from throwing right away?
3) Is the right side of our line just getting pushed into his throwing lanes forcing him to hold the ball?
4) Are our receivers do bad that they can't get inside the DBs in their fist couple of steps?
5) Did we just give up on them all together?
It seemed that McCoy ran those types of plays very well and it would certainly take some of the pressure he has been getting off of him and the offensive line. I also thought that it was that type of play that made the WCO what it is supposed to be.
This is my first fanpost (blame the Lurker post last week) so I hope I don't sound too ignorant. To me this is an important factor in my passing judgment on the guy.