For the first time in Dawgs By Nature's history, we're going to do a full-blown Mock Draft for at least the first two rounds. I will not be participating in the Mock Draft, so that means all 32 teams will be open for you to choose from as the "general manager," even the Cleveland Browns! If you sign up for the Browns though, make sure you are able to take the criticism members might throw at you for the selection you make!
Here is how it will work:
- Each person may only have 1 team, and teams are decided on a first-come first-serve basis. In order to sign up for a team, leave a comment in the comments section. Make sure you list a specific team -- do not say, "give me any team."
- You must be a Browns fan to sign up. If we don't have 32 members who sign up after a couple of days, I will ask if anyone wants to take on a second team or see if any outsiders want to participate.
- To reward members who have been with us for awhile, in order to sign up for Cleveland, you must have been registered at Dawgs By Nature for at least 2 years.
- The draft will be done via email.
- After the first team makes their pick and writeup to me via email, I will send the next person an email. They will have 24 hours to respond to me with their pick and writeup. If I don't receive anything, I will have to consult other sources for the pick. Please be on time if you choose to sign up -- this is meant to be a community mock draft, not my mock draft!
- Please do not "sabatoge" teams or be unrealistic. For example, if you are picking in the top five, don't skip Bowers because you hope he falls to Cleveland. If you skip him, do it because you truly think that team has a greater need. Also, if you have the Steelers or Ravens, don't draft a fifth-round prospect or a quarterback in round one or something so out of the ordinary. You are free to reach on your picks and explain why, but try not to do it to be unrealistic.
- When our mock draft is completed, it will hopefully be listed in mock draft databases for others to see, so this is a chance for others outside of DBN to see your writeups and picks.
This is what will be required from each person who makes a pick via email:
- Player, Position, School
- One or two paragraphs on why said player is the right choice for that team. This can include comments about them being the best player available, how they fit the team's scheme, etc.
- One to two sentences on how much of an impact you think he will have next season.
- This is not intended to be a draft profile! Remember, base your writeup on why the team needs that player.
Now then, let the sign-ups begin! Any questions or suggestions, let me know as well.