I think there is a consensus around DBN that the top two needs to be filled in the draft are pass rush and wide receiver. The question I have is about our needs and how position depth in the draft work together.
- Pass rush: Without drafting a pass rusher the Browns can't generate enough pressure on opponent QB's like Big Ben and Peyton Manning (who we play in '11) to stop them from making plays.
- Wide Receiver: Without a deeper threat at WR we lack the ability to stretch the field against strong run defenses (ie. Pit, Balt... ). By drafting a WR we give Colt a better opportunity to show us his stuff and make plays.
- O-lineman: Without drafting a sold OL opponents pass rush will continue to break apart the right side taking away the precious time Colt could use to gain confidence by making plays.
- 4-3 Personnel: I'm not really sure who's in and who's out but we'll need to make changes in order to be effective and the best way is to draft.
- Defensive Back: We might want to consider another CB since we don't know how much slower Brown will be in six months.
- Quarterback: There is a chance we might want to pick up a backup QB since Delhomme is probably gone and I have a feeling that Seneca won't stick around too long behind Colt.
- Running back: We already have a rookie RB in Hardesty, do we rely on him to back up Hillis or look toward a healthy RB in the draft?