After all of the discussions surrounding who the Cleveland Browns are going to take in the first round of the 2011 NFL Draft, we will see how things unfold tonight. If you were not sure when the draft was officially starting, here is a primer with what to expect:
The NFL Draft will be covered by the NFL Network, ESPN, Sirius Radio, and many other outlets during the three days.
THURSDAY, APRIL 28 at 8:00 PM EST: Round 1
( have 1 pick -- No. 6 overall)
FRIDAY, APRIL 29 at 6:00 PM EST: Rounds 2-3
(Browns have 2 picks -- No. 37, No. 70)
SATURDAY, APRIL 30 at 12:00 PM EST: Rounds 4-7
(Browns have 5 picks -- No. 102, No. 137, No. 168, No. 170, and No. 248 overall)
I advise you tune into your TV, radio, or computer before the times listed above to ensure you don't miss anything. After the jump, I list the time teams have to pick per round, what time the open threads will be up-and-running on DBN, and a summary of our coverage of the draft.
Teams will have the following amount of time to make their picks:
- Round 1 Picks: 10 minutes
- Round 2 Picks: 7 minutes
- Round 3-7 Picks: 5 minutes
The NFL Draft is always a big day traffic wise here at SB Nation. During each of the three days, we'll have an Open Thread on Dawgs By Nature, as well as posts covering each of the draft picks the Browns make. During those times, please keep the FanPosts and FanShots to a minimum regarding the draft -- try to keep most of the discussions in the Open Threads.
The open draft threads will be posted at the following times:
- Thursday: Open thread posted at 2:00 PM (6 hours before draft)
- Friday: Open thread posted at 3:00 PM (3 hours before draft)
- Saturday: Open thread posted at 9:00 AM (3 hours before draft)
Lastly, there has been a ton of work done by the writers here at DBN over the past couple of weeks/months, with still more to come. Here is a look back at some of the material to help prepare you for the draft:
- DBN Big Board: Community Rankings from 1-45
- Browns Draft Tracking: A list of everyone who visited or met with the Browns
- Individual Mock Drafts: Our mock draft contest that has no prize other than glory (yay!)
- Devil's Advocate: Take Nick Fairley | Pass on Patrick Peterson | Browns Need Cam Newton
- Late Round Gold: OLB Mario Harvey | DT Drake Nevis | SS Joe Lefeged | RB Jordan Todman | WR Jeff Maehl | OLB Marion Foster | OG John Moffitt | WR Edmund Gates
- Browns Should: ...Draft a Late Round QB | ...Select a Linebacker | ...Select a Quarterback | ...Select a Defensive End
- Draft Terminology: Explaining 'Sam', 'Will', and 'Mike' | Explaining Three-Technique and Five-Technique
- Polls: Reaction if Browns Pass on Peterson? | Would You Take Nick Fairley? | What Will be the First-Round Draft Choice? | Should the Browns Consider Trading...Up?