I figured this would be the best way to start, since I am asking a favor.
Well, since the off-season OT's were such a hit, I decided that I could come back and ask the good people of DBN for some help.
Here is a breakdown of my situation. I am headed to Las Vegas in nine days and will be staying there for 10 days. Of course I would love to spend the entire time in a sports book, but I am assuming the soon-to-be new wife won't be too excited. (No worries, she already understands that Sunday is a football day).
So, here is my question: I assume a lot of you have been to Las Vegas. If you have any information on the following questions, or a tip in general, please let me know:
1. What is the best sports book? I plan on spending most of my Saturday in a SB with the boys, where is the best place to watch a game? We are going to have 15+ people in my group, so we need a place that doesn't get too crowded.
2. What is the best place for a breakfast buffet? I'm going to eat like a King on the big day.
3. What is the best show to see? Anyone seen Cirque de Soliel show KA? The Tornament of Knights at Luxor? I heard Chris Angel sucked.
4. Any cheap, fun ways to spend a day that the woman would like? Window shopping, etc?
5. Anyone know of a place out there to get some deals on tickets/meals/anything?
6. Can you smoke in casinos/poker rooms now? Have a guy who loves cigars.
7. Any good cheaper shows that we should catch? Anyone done the Price is Right out in Vegas? I love me some PIR.
8. Anything out there that we have to do?
Any help would be really appreciated. We have done a ton of studying. The two times I went to Vegas previous I lived at the SB and didn't really do much else. Oh, and you baseball nerds, who should I be betting on during the playoffs?
Thanks in advance guys, really appreciate any feedback.