Jason Miller - Getty Images
- "Will reduced suspension satisfy Fujita?" (AFC North Blog) - "Browns linebacker Scott Fujita has repeatedly denied that he contributed money to a pool that allegedly paid his former Saints teammates for intentionally injuring opponents. NFL commissioner Roger Goodell conceded that he couldn't prove that, which is why Fujita's suspension was reduced from three games to one Tuesday."
- "Pat Shurmur is losing games and daily battles with the media" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Manage the job: This can’t go on. Or Pat Shurmur won’t make it through the year. He will implode. The losing? Well, of course, that can’t continue."
- "Browns' Weeden has chance to close gap on Andy Dalton" (Canton Rep) - "Brandon Weeden is no Andy Dalton. At least, the No. 22 overall pick of the 2012 draft, Weeden, has endured nothing but losing in the first leg of his journey with Ohio’s NFL team to the north."
- "First and Ten - The curious case of third-and-1" (FS Ohio) - "I guess I’m in the minority of folks who was not outraged by Pat Shurmur’s decision to throw on third-and-1 from the Browns 25 with the Browns up seven in the second quarter against the Giants. Was it the best call in the Browns playbook?"
- "Texans LB Cushing out for season with torn ACL" (AP) - "Linebacker Brian Cushing is out for the season with a torn left knee ligament, leaving the unbeaten Houston Texans without their top tackler and one of their emotional leaders."
- "Report: Robert Griffin III can practice" (ESPN) - "Washington Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III has been cleared to practice without contact Wednesday, according to a report by The Washington Post."
- "In Newton's regression, shades of another recent fall from grace" (SI.com) - "The comparison grows a little more obvious and well-defined as the weeks pass, and so do the concerns. When you watch the early-season struggles of last year's rookie sensation quarterback, Carolina's Cam Newton, it's hard to fight the feeling that perhaps we've seen this plot twist before."
- "Commissioner Goodell re-issues bounty discipline" (AP) - "NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell upheld the suspensions of Jonathan Vilma and Will Smith on Tuesday for their role in the New Orleans Saints bounty scandal and reduced penalties for Scott Fujita and Anthony Hargrove."