Jason Miller - Getty Images
- "Browns get good news on Trent Richardson" (AFC North Blog) - "Browns running back Trent Richardson is considered day to day with a rib injury, coach Pat Shurmur told reporters Monday. That's good news for the Browns, who need Richardson this week."
- "Josh Gordon turning out to be a very nice supplement to the Cleveland Browns" (Plain Dealer) - "The supplemental draft is a finishing school for scandals. Maybe for scoundrels, too. Bygones always become bygones once a player joins any team's fold, however."
- "Browns look to keep momentum going" (FS Ohio) - "The winds of change are coming to the Browns and they’re coming from the windy city. This week a new era in Browns history takes place as Jimmy Haslam III officially becomes the Browns owner. The NFL Owners are meeting in Chicago and set to approve Haslam as the majority owner on Tuesday."
- "Sunday's win was much-needed for Pat Shurmur, Cleveland Browns" (Morning Journal) - "Pat Shurmur is like the windshield of a car that takes all the bug splatters so the passengers inside are protected. As the Browns’ losing streak got longer and grew to nine, 10 and 11 games, Shurmur put himself out front."
- "Don't expect Ray Lewis to walk away" (ESPN) - "With Ray Lewis out for the season with torn triceps muscle in his right arm, the biggest question now is whether this marks the end of a Hall of Fame career."
- "Kolb's X-rays negative, Skelton could get nod" (AP) - "Embattled Arizona quarterback Kevin Kolb took one hit too many, and it's uncertain whether he will be able to return to lead the Cardinals against the Vikings at Minnesota next Sunday, or will turn the job over to John Skelton."
- "QB Hasselbeck to start his 3rd straight vs. Bills" (AP) - "Tennessee quarterback Matt Hasselbeck will start his third straight game when the Titans visit Buffalo on Sunday, and injured Jake Locker could be healthy enough to return in a week."
- "Vilma, NFLPA take bounty matter back to court" (AP) - "If the Saints decide Jonathan Vilma is ready, the embattled linebacker will take the field in Tampa Bay on Sunday for the first time this season."