- "Jimmy Haslam scores a touchdown in his first day as Cleveland Browns owner" (Plain Dealer) - "If the Browns play as well as Jimmy Haslam has handled his first press conference as the official owner of the franchise, the misery from the decades of losing will soon be over."
- "Pilot Flying J reflects incoming Browns owner Haslam's attention to detail" (Beacon Journal) - "In a shower at the first Pilot Flying J Travel Center in Corbin, Ky., the wrapper on the miniature soap bears a greeting in three languages."
- "Sources: Browns GM thinks he is next to go" (FS Ohio) - "New Cleveland Browns owner Jimmy Haslam's immediate announcement Tuesday of Joe Banner as the team's new president and CEO didn't come as a surprise in league circles."
- "Brandon Weeden likes night out after team’s 1st win" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Brandon Weeden had never experienced this side of his new hometown. Happy people, excitement in the air, free dessert. Weeden finally saw Cleveland after a Browns win Sunday night. After five weeks of agonizing losses, he had something to celebrate at dinner with his in-laws besides his 29th birthday."
- "Eagles fire defensive coordinator Castillo" (AP) - "Juan Castillo's offense-to-defense coaching experiment backfired in Philadelphia, costing the defensive coordinator his job."
- "Cowboys likely without Murray for next game" (AP) - "The Dallas Cowboys are expecting to be without running back DeMarco Murray for Sunday's game."
- "Jimmy Graham is expected to play this week" (PFT) - "Amid rumors that Saints tight end Jimmy Graham could miss several games with a sprained ankle, a source with knowledge of the situation has a far rosier estimate for Graham."
- "Vikings, Steelers to play in London" (AP) - "The NFL is doubling down on London. The league announced Tuesday that the Minnesota Vikings will host the Pittsburgh Steelers at London's Wembley Stadium on Sept. 29, 2013."