Side note: CAPTIONS ARE BACK TOO! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The technical team at SB Nation United has been busy over the past few weeks. Late last night, they released a lot of changes to fix bugs, clean a few things up, or restore certain features. Here is a list:
From the Technical Team:
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepage
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage
- Added author bylines on Articles in the cover
- Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on the homepage
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover
- Reinstated ability for authors to add custom captions to photos
- Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport the blog covers
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page
- Fixed Facebook login issues
- Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page
- Mobile optimization improvements
I'd like to take a little bit of credit for pushing for the bolded listing above. As you can see, on a user profile page like this, you can now easily see what posts you've commented on. There were also a lot of internal changes that I have not listed here, but one of the biggies was that my co-authors (Jon, Matt, rufio) can now get their articles on the river of the front page without me.
The technical team also wanted us to let you know that they have more work queued ahead, including "substantial changes" based on member feedback and data on how people are currently navigating the sites. In other words, continue to stay tuned!