- "Richardson planning on playing Sunday — with extra padding" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Rookie running back Trent Richardson plans on playing Sunday when the Browns travel to Indianapolis, but will have to wear extra padding on his injured ribs."
- "This time it's different. Again." (FS Ohio) - "The morning after official clearance was given for the Cleveland Browns to become Jimmy Haslam's Cleveland Browns, Haslam and new CEO Joe Banner met first with top team executives, then Browns players, and then the full staff. They'd already put in a full morning before their 10 a.m. public introduction."
- "Josh Gordon demanding attention" (Beacon Journal) - "Offensive coordinator Brad Childress was stumped when he first heard the Browns drafted wide receiver Josh Gordon in the second round of the supplemental draft July 12."
- "Weeden's comeback" (Canton Rep) - "Andrew Luck steered Stanford to a quick 14-0 lead in the Fiesta Bowl on Jan. 2. After Luck finished drives of 69 and 87 yards, Brandon Weeden got Oklahoma State back to even on touchdown passes of 43 and 67 yards to Justin Blackmon."
- "Ravens LB Suggs won't rule himself out for Sunday" (AP) - "Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs hasn't ruled out the possibility of making his season debut Sunday against the Houston Texans."
- "Tim Tebow might play at RB" (ESPN) - "Tim Tebow could be used as a running back when the New York Jets play the New England Patriots on Sunday in Foxborough, Mass., coach Rex Ryan said during his Thursday news conference."
- "Pioli admits 'I've made mistakes'" (AP) - "The worn-out notebook with the blue cover that Scott Pioli drags out of pile of paperwork on his desk is from 1994. The handwriting inside of it, mostly scouting reports on college players from a bygone era, is tiny and deliberate."
- "In 1996, NFL was OK with Reggie White paying teammates for hits" (PFT) - "In the 1996 playoffs, Hall of Fame Packers defensive end Reggie White made a deal with his teammates: Make a big hit, and I’ll give you $500."