Mitch Stringer-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
- "T.J. Ward has surgery on right thumb, leaving Browns short-handed at safety" (Beacon Journal) - "Browns starting strong safety T.J. Ward had surgery on his right thumb a couple of days ago, coach Pat Shurmur said this afternoon."
- "Browns' wideouts dropping by the numbers" (Morning Journal) - "The Browns already lead the league in dropped passes, and now three wide receivers are so banged up they had to sit out practice Monday with injuries."
- "Browns accuse Ravens of dirty play" (AFC North Blog) - "Lost in the aftermath of the Ravens' win over the Browns on Thursday night was Browns safety Ray Ventrone's accusation that Baltimore crossed the line."
- "Haden's suspension a knockout punch for Cleveland Browns" (Plain Dealer) - "Joe Haden traveled around town with a flashy smile and the sparkle of celebrity."
- "Chuck Pagano battling leukemia" (ESPN) - "Colts coach Chuck Pagano has been diagnosed with leukemia and is expected to be hospitalized six to eight weeks as he undergoes treatment."
- "Titans: No structural damage to Locker's shoulder" (AP) - "Jake Locker has no structural damage to his left, non-throwing shoulder and coach Mike Munchak says the Titans quarterback will be day-to-day this week."
- "Matt Cassel reportedly could lose Chiefs starting quarterback job" (SI.com) - "The Kansas City Chiefs are growing disenchanted with Matt Cassel as their starting quarterback, Yahoo’s Jason Cole reported Monday."
- "Greg Jennings could be shut down for a week" (PFT) - "The Packers lost wide receiver Greg Jennings during Sunday’s win over the Saints and it sounds like they could be missing him a little while longer."