- "Pat Shurmur will evaluate Trent Richardson to see if he needs time to heal" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns coach Pat Shurmur will evaluate running back Trent Richardson (rib cartilage) on a week-to-week basis to see if he needs some time off."
- "Browns rushing game stalls in Indianapolis" (FS Ohio) - "The Browns headed to Indianapolis thinking they would be able to successfully run the ball against the banged up Colts. Just a week earlier, the Jets ran rough shod over Indianapolis."
- "Browns don't have many wins, but they are improving" (Plain Dealer) - "I refuse to play the new game in town for Browns fans -- 'Monday Morning Owner.' The question each week is, 'Did the coaching staff show enough in Sunday's game to stay, or do they go?' Go can mean right now, or at the end of the season."
- "Upon Further Review: Browns" (AFC North Blog) - "Did the Browns lose because of Josh Gordon's dropped pass near the end zone? Or was it Pat Shurmur's decision not to go for it on fourth down in the fourth quarter?"
- "Turner: Chargers didn't use Stickum in MNF loss" (AP) - "Coach Norv Turner said nobody from the San Diego Chargers used Stickum in a Monday night loss to the Denver Broncos on Oct. 15 or in any other game."
- "Jaguars RB Jones-Drew could miss extended time" (AP) - "Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew will miss Sunday's game at Green Bay, maybe more, because of a foot injury."
- "Packers S Woodson out 6 weeks, broken collarbone" (AP) - "Green Bay Packers safety Charles Woodson has a broken collarbone and will be out approximately six weeks."
- "Panthers GM Hurney fired after team's 1-5 start" (AP) - "Marty Hurney admits the 'losing environment' for the Carolina Panthers must end. He won't be a part of the effort."