Cleveland Browns Eye-Candy of the Week:
Sorry for the hiatus last week from Opps! All Links!
I have officially moved from Rochester to Buffalo and life has settled down a bit more so I can continue with this segment. The best thing about the move? I am an hour closer to Cleveland!
Last time I suggested that if anyone has any links or anything else interesting (pictures, tweets, videos, facts, etc) that they find throughout the week to email them to me. I am going to create a new email address specifically for DBN that you guys can send stuff to, so keep an eye out for that in the coming days. The main hindrance is that I do not have a computer at home at the moment so in the mean time, please feel free to just post the links in the comments section of this Opps! and I will work on compiling them for next week.
- Fake Ketchup Factory Discovered After Hundreds of Heinz Bottles Explode (Travelers Today) - "A fake ketchup factory was discovered in Dover, New Jersey after hundreds of counterfeit bottles marked 'Simply Heinz' exploded."
Too bad the factory wasn't Heinz Field and too bad the explosion wasn't on an atomic scale otherwise this story would have been much better.
- Nottingham Movie Theater Shows Paranormal Activity Instead of Madagascar, Scares Hell Out Of Kids (Huffinton Post) - "A group of children expecting to see a new animated movie fled in terror on Saturday when the theater accidentally played one of the goriest horror films of the season."
I have been a proponent for years on adding roller-coaster bars to movie theaters so people have to stay in their seats.
- NFL Players Poll: Most Overrated (SI) - "Sports Illustrated asked 180 NFL players to name the most overrated player in the league. Here are the results"
I'm sure most of you have seen this already this week, but it's still entertaining!
- Patriot Fans Are Still The Worst (Deadspin) - " There's just so much ground to cover here, and every year, Pats fans manage to outdouche themselves."
I love when the news tries to portray fans of teams other than the squeelers as the worst fan base. Because they're wrong.
- The Story of Chris Cooley's Comeback, as told by Cooley (Washington Post) - "As soon as it was announced that Fred Davis was done for the year, Chris Cooley became the most talked about Redskin not named Robert Griffin III. After a physical, Cooley signed a one-year deal, which he says is for the veteran minimum."
Looks like a normal link, right? WRONG! This guy tried getting a case of beer negotiated into his contract. Chris Cooley, you are THE MAN!
STUFF FOR SALE
- Set your desk up to be the coolest in the office with these Cleveland Browns desk items: Paper Clip Holder, Business Card Holder, Pencil Holder, Memo Pad Holder, Office Chair, Pro Grip Mouse, Waste Basket, and Neon PBR Sign!
- LEBRON JAMES FOOTBALL BROWNS JERSEY MEDIUM 48 REEBOK (Ebay) - Some jackass actually paid the money to have this custom made.
ON THIS DAY IN FOOTBALL HISTORY:
1980 - St. Louis Cardinals sack Baltimore Colts QB an NFL record tying 12 times in a single game
1993 - NFL announces new expansion team, Carolina Panthers in Charlotte, NC
ONLINE COMIC OF THE WEEK:
This weeks comic comes to us from Chainsawsuit by Kris Straub.
(If anyone on here reads online comics, please send me links to your favorite and a quick write-up on what its about so I can post them here in the future. Thanks!!!)
Most Rec'd Post of the Week:
(anyone know how to make this green here in Opps! for posterity's sake?)
Here’s a picture of him running a route at his first practice: