Eric P. Mull-US PRESSWIRE
- "Trent Richardson expects more, wants to get healthy" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The pain was worse than running back Trent Richardson anticipated. So was the game film."
- "Despite criticisms, Shurmur should remain for the rest of this season" (WFNY) - "I’ve admittedly struggled with my criticisms of Cleveland Browns coach Pat Shurmur. I am more than happy to critique individual decisions along the way, but frequently the desire of the fans is to reach conclusions as soon as humanly possible."
- "Poll: Should Browns have kept Holmgren?" (AFC North Blog) - "In his Tuesday news conference, Mike Holmgren was asked whether he would have accomplished what he had set out to do with the Browns if allowed to finish out the final two years of his contract."
- "Sale of team to Tennessee businessman Jimmy Haslam closes" (Beacon Journal) - "The sale of the Browns to Jimmy Haslam officially closed Thursday as expected, a team spokesman said."
- "Patriots' Bill Belichick could help his porous secondary by doing the unthinkable" (Yahoo! Sports) - "Admittedly, this is never going to happen and I can't blame New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick. Still, imagine if he could forgive former assistant Eric Mangini and hire him next week to run the Patriots' secondary for the rest of the season."
- "Jennings to have surgery to repair groin injury" (AP) - "Rest and rehab weren't enough to get Greg Jennings back on the field. The Green Bay Packers' No. 1 receiver will have surgery next Tuesday to repair a torn abdominal muscle that has kept him out for most of the season."
- "Redskins WR Garcon has torn ligament on right foot" (AP) - "Washington Redskins receiver Pierre Garcon says he has a torn ligament on the bottom of his right foot and he's hoping to avoid surgery."
- "Jets LB Scott's 119-game streak in jeopardy" (AP) - "Bart Scott has pushed himself for weeks, trying to tough out a painful toe injury. This week, though, the New York Jets' linebacker might have to sit this one out."