- "Browns are winless, but they’re also improving" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "We’ve reached the quarter pole of the season, and the Browns are still looking for their first win. The headline may be 0-4, but that doesn’t tell the whole story. Here are 10 takeaways after the first four games."
- "Dawson delivers honest assessment of Browns" (FS Ohio) - "The negativity and frustration about the Cleveland Browns was increasing last week when a not-so-subtle message of encouragement was delivered to the team and public by one of the few players with the experience and credibility to deliver it."
- "Browns' defense puts 'Big Jump Theory' to the test" (Canton Rep) - "Mike Holmgren’s 'Big Jump Theory' is being put to the test. Here’s the second installment of a look at where the Browns have improved or gotten worse through Holmgren’s two full years and one fourth of a third year as team president."
- "Weeden finding comfort level" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Quarterback Brandon Weeden is developing a comfort level within the Browns’ offense and with his wide receivers."
- "Sources: Jets WR may be out for '12" (ESPN) - "The New York Jets are bracing for the likelihood of not having wide receiver Santonio Holmes for the remainder of the season."
- "Tomlin optimistic Harrison, Polamalu are ready" (AP) - "Call it addition by omission. As Steelers coach Mike Tomlin rattled off the status of injured players on Tuesday, three names were noticeably absent: Rashard Mendenhall, James Harrison and Troy Polamalu."
- "Heyward-Bey back at practice for Raiders" (AP) - "Wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey practiced for the first time Tuesday since being hospitalized by a helmet-to-helmet hit as the Oakland Raiders worked on fixing their problems during the bye week."
- "Second Read: Patriots find a running game, more Week 4 observations" (SI.com) - "Believe it or not, the New England Patriots rushed for 247 yards in Sunday’s win over Buffalo. The last time the Patriots had that much production on the ground? A 277-yard showing against Oakland in Week 15 of the 2008 season."