- "Skrine has strong work ethic" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "At 5-foot-9 and 185 pounds, Cleveland Browns defensive back Buster Skrine is one of the smallest players on the roster, but what the second-year professional lacks in physical size, he more than makes up for with a passion to succeed and a competitive spirit."
- "HOFer Brown changes his tune on Richardson" (Canton Rep) - "They have security guards to stop you from going in the Browns’ locker room if you aren’t wearing a pass. Here came an older gentleman. In he went. It probably had something to do with the fact he was wearing Jim Brown’s face."
- "The Browns' new energy stems from a new owner but also from a new fullback" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Eureka!: The Browns quietly reached a milestone during their 7-6 win over San Diego on Sunday. They completed a pass to a fullback for the first time this year. Sad but true."
- "Talking to myself about the 'improved' Cleveland Browns" (Plain Dealer) - "Question: Are the Browns any better than last year? Answer: The NFL season is half over and the Browns are 2-6. Sounds as if they are on the way to a 4-12 finish, another repeat of 2011."
- "NFL moves trade deadline to Thursday" (AP) - "The NFL has moved its trade deadline back two days to Thursday because of potential complications from Hurricane Sandy."
- "Cowboys' Jerry Jones has gotten quite familiar with words like 'disappointed' and 'urgency'" (Yahoo! Sports) - "Jerry Jones was standing in a losing Dallas Cowboys locker room on Sunday (again), talking to reporters about urgency (again) and ticking clocks (again)."
- "Jets sticking with Sanchez, looking at everything" (AP) - "Changes might be coming for the New York Jets. Mark Sanchez losing his starting job won't be among them."
- "Which players could move at the NFL’s trade deadline?" (SI.com) - "SI’s Peter King said on 'Football Night in America' Sunday that the phone lines are 'dead' around the league leading up to this week’s trade deadline."