- "Rubin is rock-solid on Browns' defensive line" (FS Ohio) - "Ahtyba Rubin is a man of few words. His actions speak much louder than his words. His play on the field and his example in the locker room has earned him the honor of being this week’s fourth captain."
- "Josh Cribbs says despite concussion, family pleas, he's 'ready to play'" (Plain Dealer) - "Josh Cribbs' wife, Maria, cried hysterically when she watched her husband get knocked out cold in Baltimore Thursday night and remain motionless on his back for what seemed to her like an eternity."
- "Tom Coughlin taking nothing for granted against winless Browns" (NY Daily News) - "Tom Coughlin dismissed his opponent’s 0-4 record and ignored the lowest-rated starting quarterback in the NFL. There was no mention of his opponent’s rushing struggles, or its moribund offense."
- "Giants aim to snap Browns’ streak of upsetting defending Super Bowl champions" (Beacon Journal) - "Although the Browns have won only 18 games since the start of the 2008 season, they’ve managed to establish a tradition of stunning reigning champions during the same span."
- "Titans QB Hasselbeck to start vs Vikings" (AP) - "Jake Locker's left shoulder is sore enough that the Tennessee Titans don't even want him dressing Sunday when they visit Minnesota, so veteran Matt Hasselbeck will start at quarterback."
- "Arizona's Skelton, Dockett questionable for Rams" (AP) - "Arizona Cardinals quarterback John Skelton is listed as questionable for Thursday night's game at St. Louis even though he fully participated in the team's last two practices."
- "Gronkowski not practicing for Patriots, Mankins, Hightower limited" (PFT) - "The Patriots have a lengthy injury list as they prepare for Sunday’s game against the Broncos."
- "Life as a replacement ref" (ESPN) - "On the last exit before the Oklahoma border, down a gravel road and past some pigs and goats, a referee leans against his pickup truck, stuffs a yellow flag in his pocket and limps to the field. He has no idea what caused the limp; when you're 54 and running with boys, time inevitably kicks you in the rear and the Achilles. His old legs will loosen once the game starts."