- "Jabaal Sheard’s numbers are down, but Browns coaches aren’t complaining" (Beacon Journal) - "Browns defensive end Jabaal Sheard would love to have gobbled up a few more quarterbacks by now."
- "Joe Banner observing, learning, but glad for the challenge" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Joe Banner moved into his office Oct. 31 and attended his first game as Browns CEO on Sunday."
- "The Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins linked by decisions on Robert Griffin III" (Plain Dealer) - "The rookie quarterback who could have been a Brown stood on the practice field at the organization's training facility in June and indulged the media in a friendly game of What If."
- "From afar, former Browns coach Butch Davis tries to help Chuck Pagano battle leukemia" (Beacon Journal) - "When former Browns coach Butch Davis lost his hair from chemotherapy in 2007 and handed his son the razor, Chuck Pagano showed up for work the next day at the University of North Carolina with his head shaved, too."
- "Michael Vick suffers concussion" (ESPN) - "Michael Vick suffered a concussion in Philadelphia's 38-23 loss to the Dallas Cowboys on Sunday. Vick was knocked on his back in the second quarter by linebacker Ernie Sims on an incomplete pass and was slow to get up."
- "Jay Cutler suffers concussion, Jason Campbell in" (PFT) - "If the Bears are going to come back in the second half, they’ll have to do it without quarterback Jay Cutler."
- "Norv Turner uncharacteristically snaps after Chargers self destruct late again" (Yahoo! Sports) - "After one of the most Norv-like losses in Norv history, San Diego Chargers head coach Norv Turner gazed into a pack of reporters and mumbled in his usual Norv-like way. And then he snapped."
- "NFL Midseason Report: 2012" (SI.com) - "Week 9 is in the books, as are 132 of the NFL's 256 regular season games (51.6 percent if you're counting along at home on a day that's all about doing the math). You know what that means: It's time for our annual midseason review."