- "Holmgren denies rumors of Cowboys position" (FS Ohio) - "Mike Holmgren said he has no idea where a report originated that said he was seriously interested in coaching the Dallas Cowboys if Jason Garrett is fired."
- "Off the bye: Cleveland Browns" (AFC North Blog) - "Here are three second-half goals for the Browns coming off the bye: 1. Figure out whether Brandon Weeden is a franchise quarterback. This is the biggest question facing the Browns organization under new owner Jimmy Haslam."
- "Safe to say Haslam meant what he said regarding changes" (WFNY) - "Some may not like the fact that more change hasn’t occurred with the Browns since Jimmy Haslam took over, but Haslam did say he wasn’t going to change much before the end of the season."
- "Browns players agree that a change in their look is needed" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Survey says: Everyone knows changes are coming to the Browns as new owner Jimmy Haslam and CEO Joe Banner settle in. Big changes and little changes. Where does a uniform change fit in?"
- "Eagles QB Vick has 'pretty significant' concussion" (AP) - "His head pounding and his play erratic, Michael Vick's time could be up in Philadelphia."
- "Source: Nick Foles to start" (ESPN) - "Philadelphia Eagles rookie quarterback Nick Foles will start against the Washington Redskins on Sunday, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, after Michael Vick was diagnosed with what coach Andy Reid called a 'pretty significant concussion.'"
- "Bills RB Fred Jackson ruled out with concussion" (AP) - "Bills running back Fred Jackson is out with a concussion, and there's at least one teammate who's unhappy with how Patriots linebacker Brandon Spikes celebrated after delivering the blow."
- "Coach: Bears handled Cutler concussion properly" (AP) - "Coach Lovie Smith said the Chicago Bears properly handled quarterback Jay Cutler's concussion on Sunday night."