- "Rebuilding the Cleveland Browns can't be done by just one leader" (Plain Dealer) - "It started with Butch Davis. Then came Eric Mangini and Mike Holmgren. All three were supposed to save the Browns. A desperate Randy Lerner turned the franchise over to them with ever making it clear just what was their job."
- "With Holmgren gone, Shurmur and Heckert await their fates" (Canton Rep) - "Not quite finished with his run in Cleveland, Mike Holmgren left the press room. Not quite a foot shorter than Holmgren, but now the man with big power, Joe Banner walked in."
- "Report: Gruden to get Browns ownership stake in offer to coach Vols" (PFT) "Oh boy. This may be the most outlandish Jon Gruden coaching rumor yet. WREG-TV in Memphis, Tenn. reported Tuesday night that the ESPN NFL analyst has an offer on the table to become the next head coach of the University of Tennessee with an interesting twist."
- "Browns need to avoid letdown in Oakland" (Morning Journal) - "Just when the Browns seem to be building a little momentum they run into a roadblock that they usually spend the next game erecting."
- "DeSean Jackson headed to IR" (ESPN) - "Philadelphia Eagles receiver DeSean Jackson, who suffered fractured ribs in Monday night's 30-22 loss to the Panthers, will be placed on season-ending injured reserve, coach Andy Reid said Tuesday."
- "NFL won’t look at challenge flag rule during regular season" (SI.com) - "NFL commissioner Roger Goodell says he doesn’t expect the league to change a rule that penalizes teams for throwing an illegal challenge flag during the regular season but the rule will be looked at in a few weeks at the league’s competition committee meeting, reports the Detroit Free Press."
- "Struggling Eagles cut ties with DE Jason Babin" (AP) - "The Eagles have released two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Jason Babin in the first major roster move for a team that's lost seven straight games."
- "Steelers hope to have Polamalu back for Ravens" (AP) - "Ben Roethlisberger took a break from changing his newborn son's diapers to throw a few passes with his sprained right shoulder on Monday."