- "Browns elect to stand by rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden" (Beacon Journal) - "Before Browns coach Pat Shurmur ventured to his polling location Tuesday afternoon, he cast a vote of confidence. Despite Brandon Weeden’s dismal performance Sunday in the Browns’ 25-15 loss to the Baltimore Ravens, Shurmur remains convinced that the 29-year-old rookie quarterback is the right man for the job."
- "Browns' lack of continuity a problem for Josh Cribbs" (Morning Journal) - "Joshua Cribbs sees a storm brewing over the Browns like a menacing cloud rolling in over Lake Erie and he is not happy about it. Cribbs, the longest tenured Brown with the exception of Phil Dawson (1999), was a rookie in 2005 the same year Romeo Crennel was a first-year head coach."
- "Five things that need to happen during the Browns' bye week" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Reflection time: Does the bye week come at a good time for the Browns? Not really. A better time would have been during Joe Haden’s four-game suspension. It would have meant one less game of pass destruction."
- "No mistake about it: Browns are frustrating" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Nine games and seven losses into the season, the Browns still haven’t figured out how to call plays in a timely manner. Or choose the right plays. Or communicate on the sideline."
- "Steelers WR Brown likely out against Chiefs" (AP) - "The Pittsburgh Steelers have spent all season juggling running backs based on who's healthy and who's hot. Now it's the wide receivers' turn."
- "Jerry Jones will always be GM" (ESPN) - "Jerry Jones, the general manager, will never relinquish that title with the Dallas Cowboys. Much like Jerry Jones, the owner, will never sell the team."
- "First Down, Fourth Down: Doug Martin announces his presence with authority" (SI.com) - "When Oregon’s Kenjon Barner rushed for 321 yards and five touchdowns on Saturday night, it was safe to assume that would be the best running back performance of the football weekend."
- "Raiders activate LB Aaron Curry" (AP) - "The Oakland Raiders have added linebacker Aaron Curry to the team's active roster. Curry was taken off the physically unable to perform list Tuesday. Linebacker Vic So'oto was waived to make room on the 53-man roster."