- "Defense looms large in win" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Kansas City running back Jamaal Charles ran for an 80-yard touchdown on the first play from scrimmage Sunday. Oddly enough, it was not a sign of things to come."
- "Shurmur regrets not giving Montario Hardesty another goal-line carry" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns coach Pat Shurmur has been second-guessed about game-management decisions in many a news conference. It's one of the occupational hazards facing every NFL coach no matter the record."
- "Should they stay or should they go?" (FS Ohio) - "There has been a lot of speculation as to what will happen to Tom Heckert and Pat Shurmur when the season ends. The majority of the talk has been about Shurmur, but as we’ve stated before, the Browns continuity hinges mostly on Heckert staying in the position of procuring the personnel."
- "Browns can party like it's 2007" (AFC North Blog) - "For one day at least, the Browns can feel like they're on top of the AFC North. That's because the Browns were the only winning team in the division on Sunday. The Ravens lost in overtime at Washington."
- "No torn ACL for Robert Griffin III" (ESPN) - "The Washington Redskins say Robert Griffin III doesn't have a major knee injury. Team spokesman Tony Wyllie said Sunday that Griffin underwent an MRI and has a sprained right knee but that 'everything is clear' in terms of significant ligament damage."
- "RG3, Cutler, Bowe, Fred Jackson injured" (AP) - "Star quarterbacks Robert Griffin III and Jay Cutler were injured Sunday, although Griffin's sprained right knee did not cost Washington a victory."
- "Wilson seizes opportunity with brilliant breakout game" (Reuters) - "Rookie running back David Wilson found himself in the New York Giants dog house after fumbling in the opening game of the season and struggling to master pass protection assignments."
- "Players rejected eleventh-hour bounty settlement" (PFT) - "As former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue prepares to issue a decision as to the appeal of the suspensions imposed by current Commissioner Roger Goodell on Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma, Saints defensive end Will Smith, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita and free-agent defensive end Anthony Hargrove, Tagliabue’s work won’t be interrupted by a settlement by the players and the NFL."