USA TODAY Sports
- "Pierre Garcon says RG3 will be out vs. Cleveland Browns; Dad says he will play" (Plain Dealer) - "It was a day of conflicting Robert Griffin III injury news. One report came from a Washington Redskins' teammate, the other from someone even closer to Griffin."
- "Browns have plenty of Redskins to worry about" (Canton Rep) - "They’re not RG3. They could wreck the Browns’ season. Robert Griffin III might not even play for Washington on Sunday. What if he doesn’t?"
- "Shurmur’s focus stays on the finish, not the future" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "When coach Pat Shurmur arrived at Cleveland Browns Stadium on Sunday morning with a two-game winning streak, the latest rumor about his job was making its way through cyberspace."
- "First and Ten - Another Mangini-esque streak?" (FS Ohio) - "The 2012 season is turning into Mangini Redux. Everyone remembers the story. It’s when a coach in town isn’t really popular, but he’s the coach as a new regime takes over. After a poor start, he starts winning late in the season."
- "Goodell the big loser in overturned penalties in Saints bounty case" (SI.com) - "Roger Goodell is pointing to the scoreboard and claiming he won. The scoreboard says otherwise. Me, I'm going with the scoreboard. Goodell lost Tuesday."
- "Steelers suspend RB Rashard Mendenhall" (AP) - "When Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin demoted running back Rashard Mendenhall to third-string following a fumble in a loss to Cleveland last month, Tomlin stressed Mendenhall would have a chance to redeem himself."
- "Jets bring back WR Braylon Edwards" (AP) - "Braylon Edwards is back with the New York Jets - a week after bashing them. The veteran wide receiver was awarded to New York off waivers from Seattle on Tuesday as the Jets try to bolster their injured receiving corps with a familiar face."
- "Source: Dez Bryant wants to play" (ESPN) - "Dez Bryant, who fractured his left index finger Sunday against the Bengals, has decided to play Sunday against the Steelers unless he's told he can't, a source close to the Dallas Cowboys wide receiver told ESPN on Tuesday morning."