- "Browns limping toward end of 2012 season" (FS Ohio) - "The Cleveland Browns end their season Sunday with the same feeling that surrounded the team when the year started: doom. From day one of training camp, when Randy Lerner announced the sale of the team to Jimmy Haslam, the season was in deep trouble. Yes, doomed."
- "Browns limping in, but still have one more chance to shine" (WFNY) - "I’m not making excuses for the Browns, but I honestly didn’t expect them to be competitive this past Sunday against the Broncos. This team was in trouble when T.J. Ward got hurt and when they decided to cut Dimitri Patterson."
- "Can Shurmur lead Browns to two wins over Steelers?" (Canton Rep) - "Pat Shurmur will be cleaning out his desk after one more game, but he can go out with a bang. If the 47-year-old head coach leads the Browns to victory Sunday at Pittsburgh, it will give the franchise a season sweep of the hated Steelers for the first time since 1988."
- "Shurmur believes team is headed in right direction" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Cleveland’s three-game winning streak is a distant memory following back-to-back losses in which the Browns were outscored 72-33. But coach Pat Shurmur remains resolute in the belief his young team is headed in the right direction."
- "Brandon Weeden and Trent Richardson not ruled out for finale at Steelers" (Plain Dealer) - "The Browns are evaluating quarterback Brandon Weeden's sprained right shoulder and running back Trent Richardson's sprained left ankle from Sunday's 34-12 debacle in Denver, but coach Pat Shurmur hasn't ruled either of them out for Sunday's season finale in Pittsburgh."
- "Shurmur defends decisions late in Sunday's loss to Denver Broncos" (Morning Journal) - "If the game Sunday in Pittsburgh is going to be his last as head coach of the Browns, then Pat Shurmur will go down fighting. Fighting to the end was Shurmur’s explanation for play selection that had Colt McCoy throwing passes in the final minute in Denver with the Browns hopelessly behind the Broncos, 34-12."
- "Browns’ exec refuses to ask ‘Why me?’ in daunting cancer battle" (Beacon Journal) - "A white SUV with a driver and a police escort whisked Bryan Wiedmeier from the airport to Cleveland Browns Stadium on Dec. 16 after a whirlwind 36-hour visit to South Florida for the 40th anniversary of the Miami Dolphins perfect team."
- "Upon Further Review: Browns" (AFC North Blog) - "Another game, another sign of dissension in the Browns locker room. A week after players questioned coach Pat Shurmur's playcalling, the Akron Beacon Journal reported some Browns players were angry and frustrated that Shurmur continued to call passing plays in the final two minutes with his team trailing by 22 points."
- "Young Browns gain experience" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Over the last two seasons, the Cleveland Browns made an effort to get younger and that showed with the addition of 26 first- or second-year players to the roster after breaking training camp in August."
- "Pagano back to coach Colts after cancer treatment" (AP) - "Chuck Pagano stepped to the podium Monday, hugged his team owner, thanked his family for its support and wiped a tear from his eye."
- "Osi Umenyiora, Giants ight split" (ESPN) - "Osi Umenyiora believes this Sunday could very well be his final game with the New York Giants. The defensive end is looking for a new contract after this season is up and expects it to come with another team that could give him a starting job as well."
- "Eagles: Foles breaks hand, Vick likely to start" (AP) - "Eagles rookie quarterback Nick Foles has a broken right hand, and coach Andy Reid said Michael Vick will likely start against the New York Giants in Sunday's season finale."
- "NFL Draft prospects to watch in bowl games" (SI.com) - "Breaking down the players to watch in the season's first batch of bowl games, as well as a projection as to where they'll be drafted."