- "Browns preparing to play Steelers with Thad Lewis and Josh Johnson their only two healthy quarterbacks" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Here we go Brownies, here we go: The Browns’ work week for the season finale in Pittsburgh began with Thad Lewis taking all the reps at quarterback with the first team. Uh, boy."
- "Brandon Weeden, Colt McCoy, Trent Richardson not practicing today; coach Pat Shurmur won’t rule them out" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Browns quarterbacks Brandon Weeden and Colt McCoy won’t practice today with injuries to their throwing shoulders, and running back Trent Richardson will rest with an ankle injury. But coach Pat Shurmur didn’t rule any of them out for Sunday’s season finale in Pittsburgh."
- "First and Ten - wait, make that First and 15" (FS Ohio) - "Well … this Cleveland Browns season comes to this. The Browns head to Pittsburgh for the finale with Thad Lewis as the quarterback. At least it appears that way. Brandon Weeden left the Denver game with a shoulder injury and there is no sane reason to have him play."
- "Five keys for Browns vs. Steelers" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Here are five keys for the Browns in Sunday’s game against the Pittsburgh Steelers: >>Finish the season as strong as possible. The fact that the Browns have several players injured and there are no playoff ramifications for either team is no excuse to merely go through the motions."
- "Richard Sherman, Andrew Luck among Pro Bowl snubs; Ed Reed, Matt Schaub undeserving" (Yahoo! Sports) - "If Seattle Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman was in need of a little more motivation for next season, he got it Wednesday."
- "Peyton Manning, Peterson make Pro Bowl" (AP) - "Peyton Manning and Adrian Peterson want to cap their sensational comebacks with Super Bowl appearances. For now, they can be proud of Pro Bowl spots."
- "Roethlisberger takes blame for Steelers collapse" (AP) - "Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger looks at his passing statistics, and they're not all that bad."
- "Tim Tebow 'frustrated' by critics" (ESPN) - "Tim Tebow won't get mad if you call him a bad quarterback. But call him a bad teammate, and that draws his ire."