- "Browns can't give up on Pat Shurmur" (Morning Journal) - "Usually dismissals in pro sports go like this: 'The (team name here) would like to thank (coach’s name here) for everything he has done for our organization.'"
- "Sheldon Brown all smiles after big day on defense" (Plain Dealer) - "Sheldon Brown rarely has been so happy to be picked on by an opposing quarterback. Carson Palmer attacked the veteran Browns cornerback's side of the field frequently Sunday afternoon, and the 33-year-old Brown kept making plays."
- "Browns end ugly road losing streak against Raiders 20-17" (WFNY) - "'Just win baby!' The famous words of deceased Raiders head honcho Al Davis rang so very true in Oakland today as the Browns faced the silver and black. It wasn’t a pretty game."
- "Browns employee kills self at practice center" (AP) - "The Cleveland Browns say a member of the team's grounds crew killed himself at their practice facility."
- "Jovan Belcher's conflicting potrait reveals an earnest, hard-working young man" (Yahoo! Sports) - "Jovan Belcher will be remembered for one of the most egregious acts ever committed by an NFL player: the fatal shooting of a young mother, followed by his own suicide in front of a head coach and GM who tried to stop him from further violence."
- "Crennel's poise through heartbreak inspires Chiefs to emotional win" (SI.com) - "They call Kansas City Chiefs coach Romeo Anthony Crennel 'RAC' because of his initials. From now on, he has a new nickname."
- "Week 13: Steelers still in business" (ESPN) - "Just when you thought the AFC playoff race was taking shape, the Pittsburgh Steelers pulled a stunner. Minus Ben Roethisberger, the Steelers hit the road and beat the Baltimore Ravens 23-20 to remain in the thick of the AFC playoff race."
- "Patriots, Broncos, Falcons, Texans clinch playoffs, Ravens do not" (PFT) - "Heading into Sunday, five NFL teams had a chance to clinch a playoff berth. Four of them succeeded."