- "Josh Gordon coming of age for Browns" (FS Ohio) - "The youngest player on the Browns might be the team’s biggest playmaker. Josh Gordon celebrated his 21st birthday in April. Since then, Gordon’s life has been a whirlwind. After sitting out a season of college football last Utah for transferring from Baylor, he was contemplating to play college football again or enter the NFL Supplemental Draft."
- "Shurmur sees progress, but is it enough for Haslam?" (Canton Rep) - "Only Jimmy Haslam’s scoreboard matters in the end as to Pat Shurmur’s future with the Browns. And the owner isn’t providing real clues as to whether he is leaning toward keeping Shurmur, or not."
- "Shurmur is staking his claim to stay on the job as Browns coach" (ESPN Cleveland) - "It’s getting interesting: There’s no getting around the fact that every game the Browns play extends the debate on the future of Pat Shurmur as coach. It’s the situation created on Aug. 2 when Randy Lerner agreed to sell the Browns to Jimmy Haslam."
- "Upon Further Review: Browns" (AFC North Blog) - "Of all the Browns' moves to improve the offense this year, none had better value than the one that landed Josh Gordon. Cleveland used a second-round pick in the supplemental draft on Gordon, who has played like a first-round prospect this season. On Sunday, he set career highs in receptions (six) and receiving yards (116)."
- "Terrell Suggs has torn biceps" (ESPN) - "Baltimore Ravens star linebacker Terrell Suggs suffered a torn biceps in Sunday's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers, a league source told ESPN."
- "Dolphins fear Long's arm injury is season-ending" (AP) - "Tackle Jake Long's absence from the lineup will help the Miami Dolphins decide whether to keep him next year."
- "Eagles' Reid names QB Foles starter rest of season" (AP) - "Nick Foles is the quarterback of the present for the Philadelphia Eagles. Coach Andy Reid said Foles will remain the starter for the rest of the season, even when Michael Vick returns from a concussion."
- "Colin Kaepernick still 49ers quarterback for now" (AP) - "Jim Harbaugh watched how Colin Kaepernick handled himself when things didn't go right for the San Francisco 49ers, and that told the coach plenty more about his second-year quarterback with all of three NFL starts to his name."
- "Rex Ryan undecided on Jets' starting QB" (AP) - "Rex Ryan is undecided on his starting quarterback for the New York Jets' next game, a day after he benched Mark Sanchez in favor of third-stringer Greg McElroy in the team's win over Arizona."