- "Browns replacing GM Tom Heckert with Mike Lombardi makes no sense" (Plain Dealer) - "I have no clue if the rumors about Mike Lombardi being the Browns' next general manager are true. I do know that if the choice is between Lombardi and current Browns general manager Tom Heckert, the answer is simple."
- "Gordon-Little duo shows signs of promise" (News-Herald) - "No pair of Browns receivers since Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. five years ago has given defensive coordinators fits. Before Winslow-Edwards, you'd have to go all the way back to the days of Webster Slaughter and Reggie Langhorne in the late 1980s to find a true No. 1 and No. 2 receiver."
- "Sheldon Brown ‘an ageless wonder’" (Beacon Journal) - "In his 11th NFL season, Browns cornerback Sheldon Brown isn’t as fast or quick as he used to be, but the Oakland Raiders learned the hard way that he can still perform at an elite level."
- "Browns coach Pat Shurmur making a late push to keep his job" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Four games remain in the Browns’ season. Whether coach Pat Shurmur’s tenure lasts any longer is among the hottest topics in Northeast Ohio. Shurmur’s future has been uncertain since Jimmy Haslam bought the team and announced he’d evaluate all personnel and make decisions after the season."
- "Behind star trio, rookie QB class playing beyond its years" (SI.com) - "But we're talking rookie quarterbacks now. In Week 13 of this NFL season, seven rookies started at the most important position on the field. The three best -- Griffin III, Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson -- had games ranging from clutch to incredible, all leading fourth-quarterback comebacks with playoff meaning."
- "Report: Jon Gruden talking to the Raiders about a return" (PFT) - "Last week, former Raiders and Bucs coach Jon Gruden supposedly was in talks to return to the University of Tennessee, where he once served as a graduate assistant."
- "With Urlacher injured, Bears sign LB DeCicco" (AP) - "With Brian Urlacher nursing a hamstring injury, the Chicago Bears have signed Dom DeCicco to a two-year contract, adding depth at linebacker. The team announced the move Tuesday."
- "Patriots put WR Edelman on IR, sign WR Stallworth" (AP) - "The New England Patriots have placed wide receiver Julian Edelman on injured reserve with a foot injury and signed Donte' Stallworth at that position."