- "Brandon Weeden making a name for himself" (Morning Journal) - "Brandon Weeden is making a case for dismantling the revolving quarterback door that has never really stopped spinning since the Browns were reborn in 1999."
- "Gordon flashing for recharged Browns" (Canton Rep) - "Josh Gordon arrived at training camp out of shape, unfamiliar with the Browns’ playbook and saddled with personal baggage from a troubled college career. Another lost rookie, Gordon was way behind. He’s caught up."
- "New Browns regime should stick with Weeden" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "I don’t believe in love at first sight. I need at least two trips to the mall before I feel comfortable buying a Christmas present. I’ve never walked out of a movie in the first half-hour."
- "Elusive three-game win streak for Browns" (AFC North Blog) - "The Browns are looking for more than a win over their former coach (Romeo Crennel) and quarterback (Brady Quinn) Sunday against the Chiefs (2-10). It would also mark Cleveland's first three-game win streak since the Browns won their final four games at the end of the 2009 season."
- "Steelers' Roethlisberger to start against Chargers" (AP) - "The Pittsburgh Steelers aren't taking any chances with their franchise quarterback's sprained right shoulder and dislocated rib."
- "Darren McFadden re-injures ankle in loss to Broncos" (PFT) - "Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden played for the first time in five weeks Thursday night against the Denver Broncos."
- "Mark Sanchez keeps his job, thanks to the Jets’ past mistakes" (SI.com) - "The mistake that the New York Jets made did not necessarily come Wednesday, when Rex Ryan announced that Mark Sanchez would be his starting quarterback again in Week 14."
- "Ravens LB Suggs to be 'game-time' decision Sunday" (AP) - "Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs doesn't intend to let a torn right biceps keep him out of Sunday's game against the Washington Redskins."