- "Eric Steinbach: Steinbach to become cap-casualty" (Rotoworld) - Don't get baited into a certain ESPN Insider (paywall) article about Eric Steinbach possibly out of Cleveland in 2012, similar to this one on Rotoworld. That rumor seems to stem from a simple answer in this week's "Hey, Mary Kay!" segment in The Plain Dealer.
- "AFC North weekend mailbag" (AFC North Blog) - There's a short question and answer in there about Matt Flynn and Colt McCoy, which offers something other than more RG3 coverage.
- "Browns’ two first-rounders is a fair price for the #2 pick" (WFNY) - If you're like me and don't mind all the RG3 perspectives, here's another. Craig Lyndall of WFNY makes the case that both of our first round picks is a fair asking price to move up.
- "Cleveland Browns' football/soccer brainstorming a bizarre encounter" (Plain Dealer) - If you were curious about the strange news that Randy Lerner had the manager of his soccer team meet with Pat Shurmur, here's a lot more detail.
- "Source says WR Johnson doesn't expect Bills to use tag" (NFL.com) - This is fantastic news for Browns fans that are still holding out hope that we can somehow sign Stevie Johnson. The source said that the two sides are "far apart" in negotiations. Sadly, this is probably just Johnson's agent trying to scare the other side by going to the media.
- "Avril hopes Lions don’t use franchise tag on him" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - In more free agency news, Cliff Avril would rather have a deal than be franchised tagged. His agent said the talks are going slow.
- "New York Daily News suggests Peyton could fill Jaworski’s chair" (PFT) - Today in Manning-Watch: We hear about a possible landing spot for Peyton Manning being... the ESPN Monday Night Football broadcast booth.
- "The future of the franchise tag could be bleak, for players" (PFT) - Here's a really interesting look into the future of the franchise tag and how it doesn't look good for players.