- "Cleveland City Council OKs $5.8 million for stadium repairs" (Plain Dealer) - When the story first broke that the Browns were seeking an advance to the amount of nearly $6 million, there was quite a bit of back lash. Cleveland City Council eventually approved of the money for repairs to the stadium.
- "Mario Manningham is exactly the type of WR the Cleveland Browns need" (SBTV) - This comes in the form of a short video. Starting Blocks TV talked with Mary Kay Cabot about whether or not she thinks the Browns will have an interest in pursuing Mario Manningham. Personally, I don't share as big an enthusiasm for Manningham. I think there are better free agent receivers to target this offseason.
- "Robert Griffin III aiming to go No. 1 overall" (AFC North Blog) - Robert Griffin III made an appearance on Mike and Mike in the Morning and the discussion was really interesting. He talks about how he wouldn't mind sitting for a year behind an entrenched QB and a willingness to play anywhere. If Irsay decides to keep Peyton Manning, the Colts may now be more willing to trade down and take RG3. I think the bidding on Andrew Luck would be hectic to say the least.
- "Source: Todd Haley to run Steelers O" (ESPN) - Just as the headline states, it would appear that the Steelers will find their replacement for Bruce Arians in former Chiefs head coach Todd Haley.
- "Brett Favre: This retirement was smoother than the last three or four" (PFT) - Brett Favre talks about how real retirement feels compared to the fake ones from years past.
- "Giving Giants TD gave Pats best chance" (AP via NBC Sports) - In what might have been the strangest looking touchdown in Super Bowl history, Belichick believes it was the right call to let the Gaints score. Brandon Spikes didn't take it easily.
- "Source scoffs at a Peyton Manning short list" (Miami Herald via SI) - A "source close to Peyton Manning" told the Miami Herald that Manning definitely does not have a "short list" of teams he'd like to join.