- "Phil Dawson signs franchise tender" (AP via ESPN) - "Kicker Phil Dawson signed his one-year tender Monday as the Cleveland Browns' franchise player. The team wants to get his name on something lengthier."
- "Holmgren expects Colt McCoy to respond well to Robert Griffin pursuit" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns President Mike Holmgren told his Seattle radio buddy Monday that he thinks Colt McCoy will rise to the challenge after the Browns went hard after Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III."
- "Browns’ plan is sound, but missing a receiver" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "For me, the missed opportunity was failing to sign a veteran receiver from a talented and relatively deep pool. The Browns need an upgrade of talent at the critical position, and would benefit from someone with a history of success in the league."
- "Browns could use a free-agent season like the Kansas City Chiefs" (Plain Dealer) - "I wish the Browns were having a free-agent season like Kansas City. I love how the Chiefs targeted right tackle Eric Winston, signing him for a reasonable (by NFL standards) four-year, $22 million contract."
- "Browns need to say no to Tim Tebow" (AFC North Blog) - "The Browns need to say no to Tebow. It really isn't a discussion. They shouldn't be interested in him as a free agent, much less in trading for him. That is, unless Tebow can play right tackle."
- "Minus Mendenhall, Do Steelers Have Enough RBs?" (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) - "It’s possible Mendenhall may have had his last carry with the Steelers. Sources told me that the Steelers will not count on Mendenhall returning to form until at least the 2013 season, and his contract with the Steelers will have expired by then."
- "AFC West should fear Broncos" (ESPN) - "Peyton Manning has been used to dominating the AFC South. Now that he has agreed to join the Denver Broncos, he can take control of the AFC West. With Hall of Famer John Elway guiding Manning through his mid-30s, they can work together to keep the Broncos ahead of the Chargers, Chiefs and Raiders."
- "Alex Smith appears to still be San Francisco’s guy" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - "Last spring during the NFL lockout, Jim Harbaugh handed over his playbook in good faith to quarterback Alex Smith as a commitment that the 49ers planned to bring him back. Harbaugh turned Smith into a steady winner at last, a playmaker and playoff star."
- "David Garrard signs with Dolphins" (AP via ESPN) - "Quarterback David Garrard signed a one-year contract Monday with the Miami Dolphins and said he was told he'll be given a shot at the starting job. He's not sure yet who else will be part of the competition, though."