- "Re-committing to Colt McCoy isn't the worst idea" (ESPN Cleveland) - "When status quo starts to make sense: Mike Holmgren restated his commitment to Colt McCoy in an appearance on Seattle radio station KJR on Tuesday. It was the second time the Browns’ president expressed confidence in McCoy since the unsuccessful attempt to move up to No. 2 in the draft to snatch Baylor QB Robert Griffin III."
- "How Manning's Decision Trickles Down to the Cleveland Browns QB Situation" (Plain Dealer) - "Now that Peyton Manning has settled upon the Denver Broncos, there's a ripple effect in the NFL quarterback pool that extends all the way to Northeast Ohio."
- "Browns not going for big splash in free agency" (FS Ohio) - "When team president Mike Holmgren says the Browns will "stay the course" he means don't expect the roster to change dramatically in free agency. General manager Tom Heckert says the Browns won't "go crazy" in the marketplace."
- "Don't Get Any Ideas, Kids" (ESPN Cleveland) - "The Browns’ continued descent into irrelevance imperils their hold on the younger portion of their fan base, but that might not be such a bad thing. Just imagine if teenagers throughout Northeast Ohio duplicated the Browns’ response to critics of their disinterest in building the team through free agency."
- "Steelers WR Hines Ward retiring" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - "Hines Ward believes he can still play football. The longtime Pittsburgh wide receiver known for his high-wattage smile and his bone-crunching blocks just couldn’t stomach the thought of doing it in some strange uniform on some strange field with nary a Terrible Towel in sight."
- "Hines Ward will block his way into the Hall of Fame" (Shutdown Corner) - "As a wide receiver, Hines Ward was very good. As a blocker at the wide receiver position, Ward was the best and most dangerous in the history of the NFL. Figuring out how to balance those two things will be at the heart of the 'Is Hines Ward a Hall of Famer?' debate five years from now. Let's get a jump on it."
- "Eagles trade for DeMeco Ryans" (AP via ESPN) - "The Philadelphia Eagles made a big move to bolster the middle of their defense, acquiring two-time Pro Bowl linebacker DeMeco Ryans from the Houston Texans for a fourth-round draft pick in 2012."
- "Jaguars have had internal discussions about Tim Tebow" (Florida Times-Union) - "The Jaguars have had internal discussions about Tim Tebow, according to a source, but have not had formal trade discussions with the Denver Broncos for the former Gators quarterback."