- "Plenty rides on Manning's next decision" (FS Ohio) - Pat McManamon points out that with Peyton Manning now officially on the market, the trade talk for the No. 2 pick may go on the back burner.
- "How will Peyton Manning's release affect the Cleveland Browns?" (Plain Dealer) - Mary Kay Cabot explores how Mannings release will affect the Browns, more specifically the their QB situation.
- "Why Browns might appeal to Mario Williams" (Canton Rep) - Steve Doerschuk compares Mike Holmgren's signing of Reggie White in 1993 and to the possibility of bringing in Mario Williams.
- "AFC North: Free-agency primer" (AFC North Blog) - Jamison Hensley takes a look at where each AFC North team stands and what to expect from them come free agency.
- "Peyton Manning Lands at Opa-Locka Airport" (NBC Miami) - Now that he's free to sign with any team, Peyton Manning's first destination was Miami.
- "Broncos will inquire about Peyton Manning" (Denver Post) - The Denver Broncos as a potential landing spot for Peyton Manning wasn't talked about as much as others leading up to this point.
- "Seahawks moving quickly to reach out to Peyton Manning" (PFT) - The Seattle Seahawks are reportedly going to push hard for Peyton Manning, including spending big if they have to.
- "PFW’s top 100 free agents" (PFW via Yahoo! Sports) - Pro Football Weekly ranks the top 100 free agents, regardless of the tag or restriction.