The first round of the 2012 NFL Draft kicks off tonight, meaning all of those repetitive conversations you have had about the draft over the past few months will either make you look like you are clueless, or in the minds of the Cleveland Browns' front office. If you were not sure when the draft was officially starting, here is a primer with what to expect:
The NFL Draft will be covered by the NFL Network, ESPN, SiriusXM Radio, 92.3 The Fan, and many other outlets during the three days.
THURSDAY, APRIL 26 at 8:00 PM EST: Round 1
( have 2 picks -- No. 4, No. 22 overall)
FRIDAY, APRIL 27 at 7:00 PM EST: Rounds 2-3
(Browns have 2 picks -- No. 37, No. 67)
SATURDAY, APRIL 28 at 12:00 PM EST: Rounds 4-7
(Browns have 9 picks -- No. 100, No. 118, No. 139, No. 160, No. 204*, No. 205*, No. 211, No. 245*, and No. 247* overall)
I advise you tune into your TV, radio, or computer before the times listed above to ensure you don't miss anything. After the jump, I list the time teams have to pick per round, what time the open threads will be up-and-running on DBN, and a summary of our coverage of the draft to date.
Teams will have the following amount of time to make their picks:
- Round 1 Picks: 10 minutes
- Round 2 Picks: 7 minutes
- Round 3-7 Picks: 5 minutes
The NFL Draft is always a big day traffic wise here at SB Nation. During each of the three days, we'll have at least one Open Thread on Dawgs By Nature, as well as posts covering each of the draft picks the Browns make. During those times, please keep the FanPosts and FanShots to a minimum regarding the draft -- try to keep most of the discussions in the Open Threads.
The open draft threads will be posted at the following times:
Thursday: Open thread posted at 3:00 PM (5 hours before draft)
Thursday: Open thread posted at 7:00 PM (1 hour before the draft)
- Friday: Open thread posted at 4:00 PM (3 hours before draft)
- Saturday: Open thread posted at 9:00 AM (3 hours before draft)
Lastly, there has been a lot of work put forth by the writers here at DBN over the past couple of weeks/months, with still more to come. Here is a look back at some of the material to help prepare you for the draft:
- DBN Big Boards: Community Rankings from 1-40 | DBN Staff Rankings
- Browns Draft Tracking: A list of everyone who visited or met with the Browns
- 2012 Mock Drafts: DBN Staff Mock Draft | Community Mock Draft (See Chart)
- Bernie's / Devil's Advocate: Pass on Trent Richardson | Draft Heavy on Defense | Browns Should Draft Morris Claiborne | Browns Need to Draft Matt Kalil | LaMichael James is the Best RB for Cleveland | Browns Need Trent Richardson
Player Profiles: QB Ryan Tannehill [another piece on Tannehill] | QB Russell Wilson | RB David Wilson | RB Doug Martin | WR Stephen Hill | TE Coby Fleener | TE Ladarius Green | LB Lavonte David | LB Vontaze Burfict | LB Emmanuel Acho | CB/S Trumaine Johnson |
- Tom Heckert's Pre-Draft Press Conference: Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- rufio Exclusive: An Exercise in Value: Why the Browns Still Should Not Draft Trent Richardson
- Optimistic View After the RG III Situation: The Day the Browns Missed Out?