- "Brandon Weeden has a cannon of an arm" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - "Clay pigeons became clay particles. In the blink of an eye, Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden's powerful right arm turned the tiny targets into dust."
- "Brandon Weeden ready to start competition for starting job" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns rookie quarterback Brandon Weeden wrapped up rookie minicamp Sunday and will leap right into his much-hyped battle for the starting job with Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace Monday in the off-season program."
- "Brad Smelley, that other ‘Bama guy, making a good impression, too" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The kid from Alabama has looked good through two days of rookie minicamp. Make that the other kid from Alabama."
- "Browns conclude first rookie minicamp" (FS Ohio) - "The Cleveland Browns concluded their rookie minicamp with one practice Sunday, and Pat Shurmur was pleased with what was accomplished."
- "Hey Tony!" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Emailers already are taking sides in the Brandon Weeden v. Colt McCoy debate. They also want to blame somebody for the Phil Taylor weight-lifting injury."
- "Transcript from news conference with Browns coach Pat Shurmur" (Ohio.com) - "Browns coach Pat Shurmur met with reporters today as rookie minicamp ended."
- "Best NFL candidates for turnaround seasons" (NFPost via Yahoo! Sports) - "Last season six teams made the playoffs that had not made the playoffs the previous year. That’s pretty typical. Some of those teams will fade in 2012, and there will be Cinderella stories again. These are my best candidates to have turnaround seasons."
- "Darren McFadden 'making cuts at full speed'" (PFT) - "Raiders running back Darren McFadden was on pace for over 2,000 all-purpose yards and 14 touchdowns entering the Week Seven game in which he suffered a Lisfranc sprain in his right foot last year."
- "Public service held for Junior Seau" (ESPN) - "Hours after Junior Seau was buried in his hometown, thousands of fans got their chance to cheer one more time for the hard-hitting, fist-pumping linebacker at the stadium where he starred for 13 seasons."
- "Ochocinco writes letter to support 'Dad' Goodell" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - "Chad Ochocinco wants Roger Goodell to know that he has the NFL commissioner's back."