- "Brown has it wrong on Richardson" (Morning Journal) - "There is no doubt that Jim Brown may not just be the best player in Cleveland Browns history, but he could also be the best player in NFL history."
- "Browns' Schwartz takes road less traveled to Cleveland" (Canton Rep) - "Every Browns fan is curious to see if the other baseball player is ready for the NFL."
- "Brown, Namath get status downgrade when swiping at former teams" (CBS Sports) - "Jim Brown has long been, well, outspoken. He once said the FBI, CIA and cops were out to get him. He wasn't wrong."
- "AFC rookie long shots to watch" (Pro Football Weekly) - "It is no easy chore for seventh-round picks to make NFL rosters, and the task is no less daunting for undrafted free agents. But it can happen."
- "Coach: Hakeem Nicks aims for camp" (ESPN) - "Hakeem Nicks is facing a three-month recovery for his surgically repaired broken toe, but the New York Giants' wide receiver told his coach he'll be back before then."
- "Tom Brady inspires man to give kidney to stranger" (PFT) "Patriots quarterback Tom Brady tried unsuccessfully to find a kidney for his mentor Tom Martinez, who died earlier this year while awaiting an organ donation. Thanks to Brady’s efforts, however, at least one other person will not perish."
- "Carolina Panthers' Cam Newton says he was a 'bad teammate' despite his banner rookie year" (Yahoo! Sports) - "Cam Newton was a bad teammate last season. Never mind the ridiculous numbers he put up and helped his teammates compile. Never mind the highlight plays. Never mind the Rookie of the Year award he earned."
- "Sorry, Willis McGahee, Peyton’s presence won’t help run game" (SI.com) - "The near-unanimous stance around the NFL is that the Denver Broncos made themselves a much better football team by adding Peyton Manning, assuming he’s healthy for the season. What no one had brought up was the idea that Manning’s arrival could improve Denver’s run game."