- "Dawson glad to be a longtime Browns player" (FS Ohio) - "Phil Dawson, the only full-time kicker the Browns have had since their return in 1999, is excited about the season ahead."
- "Mike Holmgren changes Browns public relations course" (WFNY) - "Up is down. Black is white. Dry is wet. Most importantly screaming is quiet. That’s what happened this morning when Mike Holmgren visited Kiley and Booms at 92.3 the Fan this morning for an interview."
- "Seneca Wallace's honesty reveals Cleveland Browns' QB tea leaves" (Cleveland.com) - "Three's a crowd... The backup quarterback is the most popular guy in a losing football town, apparently unless he's Seneca Wallace."
- "Brother of QB Colt McCoy rips Browns on Twitter, later apologizes" (Ohio.com) - "University of Texas quarterback Case McCoy fell for a prank on Twitter that apparently led him to believe the Browns traded his older brother, quarterback Colt McCoy, so the younger McCoy reacted by blasting the organization on Friday night."
- "Tomlinson to call it quits after 11 NFL seasons" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - "LaDainian Tomlinson's brilliant NFL career will officially end when he ceremoniously rejoins the San Diego Chargers for a day."
- "Rashard Mendenhall, Casey Hampton on Steelers’ injury list, will miss six games" (SI.com) - "The Pittsburgh Steelers will likely start the 2012-2013 season without two key offensive starters. Running back Rashard Mendenhall and nose tackle Casey Hampton both suffered torn ACLs at the tail end of last season, and Steelers General Manager Kevin Colbert told the Pittsburgh Tribune he doesn’t expect either player to be ready for opening day."
- "Agent questions NFL's evidence" (ESPN) - "The agent for Green Bay Packers defensive end Anthony Hargrove issued an extensive statement Sunday questioning the NFL's investigation into allegations of Hargrove's role in the New Orleans Saints' bounty program."
- "Adam Jones to pay $11M in damages" (ESPN) - "Cincinnati Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones must pay $11 million in damages to two Las Vegas strip club employees injured in 2007 when a lone gunman claiming he was doing Jones' bidding opened fire outside the club."