- "Scott Fujita played key role in release of bounty scandal audio, according to filmmaker" (Ohio.com) - "According to a 10,000-plus word essay documentary filmmaker Sean Pamphilon published Thursday on his website, Browns linebacker Scott Fujita urged the public release of the audiotape on which former New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams encouraged his players to target members of the San Francisco 49ers with the intent to injure them."
- "Browns expect rookie Schwartz to step up" (The Sports Xchange via FS Ohio) - "The Browns went into the offseason determined to bolster three critical parts of the offense -- quarterback, running back and protection for both."
- "Weeden Likely To Win Starting QB Job" (ESPN) - "John Clayton discusses the Browns starting QB job and whether Colt McCoy could get another shot."
- "Does Jim Brown Still Matter?" (Orange and Brown Report) - "Remarkably, the Browns at one time featured the NFL’s greatest player – if not the game’s best ever talent. Jim Brown’s greatness was a transcendent blend of power and harmony – the likes of which are hard to fathom for today’s Browns’ fan."
- "Vilma's lawyer challenges ledger" (AP via Yahoo! Sport) - "The attorney for suspended New Orleans linebacker Jonathan Vilma says a ledger of under-the-table cash bonuses and fines for Saints players shows no proof of bounties placed on targeted opponents."
- "Adrian Peterson insists he'll be ready for Vikings' Week 1" (Sporting News) - "Adrian Peterson is recovering from a knee injury, and few Minnesota Vikings observers believe he will overcome in time for the 2012 NFL season opener. Count Peterson among the optimistic."
- "Osi Umenyiora, Giants agree on deal" (ESPN) - "Defensive end Osi Umenyiora and the New York Giants finally have reached an agreement on a restructured contract."
- "Ray Rice isn’t worried about being up to speed" (PFT) - "Running back Ray Rice spent some time with his Ravens teammates this weekend on an athletic field."