- "Dick Jauron shares vision for Browns’ defense, believes it’s in ‘a much better position’ this year" (Beacon Journal) - "In his first season as the Browns’ defensive coordinator, Dick Jauron orchestrated a respectable transition to his 4-3 scheme despite the NFL lockout wiping out virtually the entire offseason."
- "Eric Hagg putting in the work to earn a starting safety role" (Plain Dealer) - "Eric Hagg earned an ethnic studies degree from the University of Nebraska, but the Browns free safety's days of copious note taking and classroom study are just beginning."
- "Undrafted rookie receiver Josh Cooper is benefiting from his college quarterback" (ESPN Cleveland) - "Brandon Weeden arched a high fade to the right corner of the end zone. His familiar target from Oklahoma State, Josh Cooper, reached as far as he could with an outstretched left arm, but couldn’t pull it in."
- "Today’s minicamp observations" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "The Browns concluded three-day mandatory minicamp with practice this morning. The offseason officially ends next week with four organized team activities practices. The rookies will stick around for a couple of extra weeks before leaving for vacation. Training camp starts in late July."
- "Patriots release WR Chad Ochocinco" (AP via Yahoo! Sports) - "The New England Patriots released receiver Chad Ochocinco on Thursday, cutting loose the six-time Pro Bowl selection after one season in which he was more active on Twitter than on the field."
- "It's business as usual for Saints" (ESPN) - "I’ve walked out to the practice field twice a day each of the past two days, looking for any signs that suggest the New Orleans Saints are a different team than they’ve been the last few years."
- "Matt Forte doesn’t want to be NFL’s best-paid back" (PFT) - "Matt Forte wants everyone to know that he’s not trying to land the biggest contract of any running back in the NFL."
- "Saints make new offer to Brees" (SI.com) - "The New Orleans Saints have made a new contract offer to record-setting quarterback Drew Brees, said a person familiar with the situation."