- "Pat Shurmur says there's no rush to thin QB ranks" (Plain Dealer) - "Pat Shurmur likes the way Colt McCoy has handled himself on and off the field during this summer of competition with Brandon Weeden and thinks there's a realistic chance McCoy could be around come opening day."
- "10 people/issues to watch as training camp opens" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Rookie quarterback. Rookie running back. At least two rookie receivers. New offensive coordinator. Pat Shurmur’s second season as Browns coach cranks up today with the firstfull-squad practice of training camp."
- "Browns rookie camp impressions" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Here are some impressions from the Browns’ rookie training camp on Wednesday: >>Josh Gordon is an impressive athlete. You are first struck by his 6-foot-3, 225-pound frame."
- "What Browns must do to matter in NFL" (Canton Rep) - "The full squad has reported, everyone is signed, and Browns training camp can start rolling. But what’s the point? Who cares unless the team can point itself to higher heights than last year’s 4-12 or the 5-11 that represents the franchise’s best record since 2007?"
- "Peyton Manning, Broncos open camp" (AP) - "Peyton Manning says it's going to take him a while to settle into his new digs in Denver after spending 14 years in Indianapolis. He looked right at home in his new duds Thursday, though."
- "Jaguars report for camp without MJD, Blackmon" (AP) - "The Jacksonville Jaguars have reported for training camp without running back Maurice Jones-Drew and first-round draft pick Justin Blackmon."
- "Vilma court hearing ends with no decision on TRO" (AP) - "After Jonathan Vilma and seven witnesses testified Thursday that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell got his facts wrong in the bounty scandal, a federal judge decided against making an immediate ruling on whether the suspended Saints' linebacker could temporarily return to work."
- "Ndamukong sued" (PFT) - "Yep, it was only a matter of time before we’d be able to use that headline. A woman who was in a car with Lions defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh during a December 3 automobile accident has filed a lawsuit in Oregon alleging that she suffered injuries as a result of the crash."