- "Colt McCoy not convinced he'll get fair shot at Browns' job" (NFPost.com) - "Pretty much everyone expects the Cleveland Browns to wind up handing their starting quarterback job to Brandon Weeden. Maybe Colt McCoy is even in that crowd."
- "2012 Position Preview: Quarterback" (ClevelandBrowns.com) - "Over the next few weeks, ClevelandBrowns.com will take a look at the 2012 Browns, position-by-position. Today’s spotlight is on the Browns quarterbacks."
- "Tight Ends could give offense a big boost" (FS Ohio) - "As the Browns prepare to embark upon their second season under Pat Shurmur there are many questions that remain. With training camp opening Sat. July 28, we’re going to take a position-by-position analysis of the current roster as the team heads to camp over the next few weeks."
- "Representatives for Cleveland Browns lineman Kiante Tripp believe charges will be dropped" (Plain Dealer) - "The agent for reserve Browns defensive tackle Kiante Tripp, arrested Sunday in suburban Atlanta on burglary and firearm possession charges, said he hopes the franchise will make no quick decision on the lineman’s future until all the facts are presented."
- "Houston police’s history, Peterson’s reputation make resisting arrest case more complex" (Shutdown Corner) - "The NFL has seen its usual cavalcade of off-field incidents during the slow period between minicamps and training camps, leading some to wonder anew if there should really be a five-week summer vacation for a large group of people with unlimited resources and varying levels of maturity."
- "Amani Toomer doesn't back down" (ESPN) - "Former New York Giants wide receiver Amani Toomer on Friday stood by his comments that Tony Romo of the Dallas Cowboys is a better quarterback than Eli Manning, his former teammate."
- "Terrell Suggs remains optimistic" (ESPN) - "Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs remains optimistic that he will play at some point during the 2012 season after tearing his right Achilles tendon in April."
- "Report: Pats, Welker $6 million apart on guaranteed money" (PFT) - "The July 16 deadline for signing franchise-tagged players to long-term deals doesn’t apply only to those who have yet to sign their one-year tender offers."