- "Tom Heckert acknowledges uncertain futures, stresses focus on winning" (Plain Dealer) - "Browns General Manager Tom Heckert admitted Tuesday that the current regime has no idea what its future holds in light of the impending sale of the team to Tennessee businessman Jimmy Haslam III."
- "Browns’ sale raises questions for fans" (Morning Journal) - "These are uneasy times for some people in Browns headquarters. Getting ready for a new season, knowing new ownership could be in place before it starts and not knowing what impact the sale will have, is like driving a mountain road at night with the headlights off; what awaits around the next curve is a mystery."
- "Mohamed Massaquoi has health back, expects to thrive" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Receiver Mohamed Massaquoi couldn’t catch up last year. He arrived at training camp with a chipped bone in his ankle and a cast on his left foot. As he hobbled around the practice fields, the new West Coast Offense was being installed without him and the time to build chemistry with quarterback Colt McCoy was disappearing."
- "Rookies giving the Browns' coaches a look" (FS Ohio) - "He’s known by his teammates as ‘JMJ’ and hopefully, James-Michael Johnson will be known soon to Browns fans."
- "Braylon Edwards joins Seattle" (ESPN) - "Braylon Edwards is getting another shot to re-ignite his once promising NFL career after signing with Seattle on Tuesday and adding yet another option for the Seahawks' No. 2 receiver spot."
- "Bengals coach Marvin Lewis gets 2-year extension" (AP) - "Bengals coach Marvin Lewis agreed to a two-year contract extension through the 2014 season on Tuesday, giving him more chances to pursue the elusive goal of winning a playoff game."
- "Titans make a deal with rookie Wright" (SI.com) - "The Tennessee Titans have agreed to a four-year deal with first-round draft pick Kendall Wright. A person familiar with the deal says it's worth $8.2 million, with a signing bonus of $4.47 million."
- "Former NFL running back Art Malone dies at 64" (PFT) - "Art Malone, a running back who played five NFL seasons for the Falcons and two for the Eagles, has died at the age of 64."