- "Josh Cribbs is a returner who plays receiver, not the other way around" (Plain Dealer) - "Once, the Browns had strutting popinjays as receivers in Kellen Winslow II, a tight end only by whimsical playbook terminology, and Braylon Edwards. It did not, as you may recall, work out."
- "David Sims strengthens his case for roster spot" (Beacon Journal) - "Failure turned David Sims into a man hell-bent on demanding attention from Browns coach Pat Shurmur and his assistants during training camp."
- "The inside story of the Browns-Eagles preseason scheduling quirk" (ESPN Cleveland) - "I asked former Browns coach Sam Rutigliano what would be his reaction if he found out the schedule-makers pitted his team against the Philadelphia Eagles in the third preseason game – the traditional season dress rehearsal – and then again in the regular-season opener."
- "Video: Concerns for Brandon Weeden" (AFC North Blog) - "There's no question that Brandon Weeden's statistics significantly improved in his second preseason game Thursday night. But the 'NFL Live' crew discussed possible concerns for the Browns rookie quarterback, starting with Cleveland's conservative game plan."
- "Drew Rosenhaus offered cash to sign Dez Bryant before 2010 NFL draft" (Yahoo! Sports) - "David Wells, a longtime advisor to Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant, has accused high-profile agent Drew Rosenhaus of offering him a prohibited cash payment and trip to Miami in an effort to sign Bryant, Yahoo! Sports has learned."
- "Titans to start Jake Locker" (ESPN) - "The Tennessee Titans will start quarterback Jake Locker in their Sept. 9 season opener against the New England Patriots."
- "Ryan Tannehill chosen as Dolphins' starting quarterback" (AP) - "With his NFL debut still more than two weeks away, Ryan Tannehill can already boast of an achievement unprecedented among Miami Dolphins quarterbacks: He won a starting job in his first training camp."
- "Michael Vick leaves game after big hit in first quarter" (PFT) - "The Patriots are resting most of their starters on Monday night and the Eagles are probably wishing they made the same choice."