- "Browns youth movement: Johnson among rookies likely to start" (Morning Journal) - "A half dozen rookies could end up starting for the Browns two weeks from Sunday, so why would new owner Jimmy Haslam even think of canning General Manager Tom Heckert and starting over again?"
- "Cribbs in a crowd at wide receiver" (Canton Rep) - "In 2011, Joshua Cribbs finally found a coach and a quarterback who backed up talk about finding ways to use his as a receiver."
- "Jordan Cameron could make a difference in 2nd season" (Chronicle-Telegram) - "Six-foot-5 guys with above-average athleticism are a dime a dozen in the NBA.They’re a diamond in the rough in the NFL. Enter Jordan Cameron."
- "Evan Moore's grip on his Cleveland Browns roster spot anything but certain" (Plain Dealer) - "Evan Moore, who's perched precariously at the far right side of the Browns' depth chart with the bubble players, hopes to hang on through the two rounds of cuts that are coming over the next 10 days."
- "Source: Wallace to return to Steelers this weekend" (Pittsburgh Post-Gazette) - "The Steelers expect that Mike Wallace will arrive back in Pittsburgh this weekend and sign his one-year contract after they return from their third preseason game in Buffalo, multiple sources told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."
- "Sources: Jones-Drew open to trade" (ESPN) - "Maurice Jones-Drew's holdout appears far from over. His agent, Adisa Bakari, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the Jacksonville Jaguars running back is upset with owner Shad Khan's recent public comments about his client's 27-day holdout."
- "Injury-prone Vick down again for Eagles" (AP) - "Michael Vick has needed four medical tests through two preseason games and has completed only four passes. That is an ominous sign for the Philadelphia Eagles."
- "Peterson on track to play in Week One" (PFT) - "In news that hardly will be regarded as earth-shattering, jaw-dropping, and/or ACL-tearing, Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is expected to suit up and play when they host the Jaguars for Week One of the regular season, per a source with knowledge of the situation."